Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Stranger in a strange land

I am the son of immigrant parents. Growing up I resented the fact that my parents spoke English poorly, that they were often clueless about life in this country, about the fact that I often wound up explaining things to them that they should have been explaining to me.

Now I am watching my son thriving in school, picking up Hebrew and davenning and realizing that in a few years he will be fluent in it, and he will be like the guys in shul that buzz through their prayers while I stammer through mine. His brain a sponge, mine already a rock.

In the orthodox community, I am now an immigrant. Hoping to give a better life to my children. Knowing that I will never be truly at home. Karma.

2 Comments:

Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Thanks for the kind words!

December 27, 2005 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

November 14, 2009 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home