Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Man in the Iron Mask

About three months ago I bought a small lucky bamboo plant at Home Depot and brought it home.

At first I kept it in the little plastic pot that the store planted it in. I watered it every day and kept it out of direct sunlight.

It did not thrive. I found out on the Internet that you need to water it with filtered water. So I began doing that.

Last night I transplanted it from the pot into a glass vase filled with pebbles. Apparently this is better...

I don't know why, even with four kids, I developed a strong need to take care of a living thing.

I feel like one of those prisoners who adopt a mouse in the cell and share their meager meals with the little creature...

1 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

Good thing you persist.
I've often thought that those things were the baby alligators or fluffy lap dogs of the plant-world.
You know, discarded when the thrill had worn off.

September 15, 2011 8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home