Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is Google making us stupid

This article caused a bit of a stir... It's interesting how people get so defensive about the Internet.

I was listening to the radio the other day and they were mentioning Zuckerberg as one of the greatest inventors of all time for coming up with Facebook. And I was just floored. Here is a guy that found a fantastic way to have people waste their free time, and he is being honored? It's like a guy being given a Nobel prize for inventing a more addictive cocaine formula...

So while the Chinese kids are being drilled in multivariate calculus, our best and brightest are playing farmville or sending virtual pina coladas to their friends, or tagging shit of Flickr or whatever... For the one guy who posts something creative on YouTube, there are ten thousand videos of cats.

An endless trip down the rabbit hole of following one link after the other... Wow, what a senseless waste of human life.

2 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

I use one of my FB accounts to keep track of my customers - some of whom helpfully post their going out of business sales on their page.

June 01, 2011 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Nechama said...

I like Facebook...it helps me spy on my kids. Not to mention, I look up all of my potential hires there...yep, it has become a hiring tool of sorts(not recruitment, because that is a total bust).

June 02, 2011 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home