Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Slavoj Zizek tweeting

Kinda wild to find Zizek on twitter. I find him so scary. He is really intelligent. And yet he really scares me. Most of the stuff I read from him in the popular press, it is almost like he is trying to be shocking, to provoke a reaction.

But part of me wonders if it is not an act; if it is the real deal. I can totally see that. I have stood on the edge of that abyss where you just start reasoning and pretty soon you have demolished everything you hold dear and everything you believe and you wind up staring into nihil.

7 Comments:

Blogger B. Spinoza said...

why does he scare you? I don't have much knowledge of his thought

July 22, 2009 4:59 AM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Here's an example

July 22, 2009 6:31 AM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

ah. The man thinks too much. If you intellectualize life, it doesn't taste sweet, since you aren't feeling the experience of the thing, but the thought of it

July 22, 2009 8:36 AM  
Blogger Freethinking Upstart said...

e-kvetcher,

I laughed out loud in sheer delight reading that interview. Then I thought... Oh sh*t! He's probably taking himself seriously... Then I laughed again, but this time I felt guilty about it.

He's almost cartoonish in his "tortured intellectual"ness.

July 22, 2009 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's absurd to believe he posts on twitter, that's obviously a fake account.

July 26, 2009 4:19 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

May be, Simon. But then it is a very convincing fake.

July 26, 2009 7:07 PM  
Blogger Miri said...

This is intensely disturbing. What a sad colorless way to go through life.
Altho the bit that goes "What did you learn from life?" "That life has nothing to teach you" bit was pretty comical.

August 09, 2009 4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home