Monday, August 25, 2008

Music (Cover) Monday

Just came across this JC Penney commercial which is a spoof/cover of the Simple Minds video for the Breakfast Club. It's actually a pretty good imitation, although I don't really get it who their target audience is. I don't know - have a lot of teenagers seen The Breakfast Club?



And here's the original:


Trivia for those who made it to the bottom of the post:

The Breakfast Club was filmed in fictional Shermer, IL, at the Shermer High School, which is really Glenbrook North High School. The shul Congregation Ezra Habonim, of which I was a member at one point in my life, holds their High Holiday at Glenbrook North...

3 Comments:

Blogger Miri said...

dude. that is absolutely ridiculous. seriously. I really don't get it.

August 27, 2008 3:21 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Miri,

Have you seen the movie "The Breakfast Club"?

August 27, 2008 7:03 PM  
Blogger Miri said...

yes I've seen the movie. but like you said, I don't get who it's being marketed to. it would seem that it'd directed at junior high/high school age kids. how many kids that age have seen the movie?

August 29, 2008 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home