Friday, August 11, 2006

My first Shabbos nightmare

I was sitting in Shul on Friday night, and for some reason was working on my laptop as services were going on around me. Then suddenly I realized that I cannot be working on my laptop because it is Shabbos. I looked up and saw the rabbi and everyone else looking at me. Extremely flustered and embarrassed, I tried to explain that somehow I didn't realize that Shabbos had started already...

I think this is the first time in my life that I can recall having a nightmare about violating halacha. I wonder if I have reached some internal level of frumness without being aware of it?

Good Sabbath everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shoshana said...

I've had those dreams also, where am driving or doing something similar, totally in violation of Shabbos. And I have them on Shabbos too - do you also?

August 11, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

This is my first, and it was last night.

August 11, 2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Ilan The Portlander Rebbe said...

OMG. I thought I was the only one!

August 20, 2006 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home