Friday, August 11, 2006

My first Shabbos nightmare

I was sitting in Shul on Friday night, and for some reason was working on my laptop as services were going on around me. Then suddenly I realized that I cannot be working on my laptop because it is Shabbos. I looked up and saw the rabbi and everyone else looking at me. Extremely flustered and embarrassed, I tried to explain that somehow I didn't realize that Shabbos had started already...

I think this is the first time in my life that I can recall having a nightmare about violating halacha. I wonder if I have reached some internal level of frumness without being aware of it?

Good Sabbath everyone.


Blogger Shoshana said...

I've had those dreams also, where am driving or doing something similar, totally in violation of Shabbos. And I have them on Shabbos too - do you also?

August 11, 2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

This is my first, and it was last night.

August 11, 2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Ilan the Portlander Rebbe said...

OMG. I thought I was the only one!

August 20, 2006 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home