Friday, March 03, 2006

What a piece of work is Man...

OK, so I was dragged to see "Brokeback Mountain", because that's what happens when you're married. She owes me a good Sci-Fi movie, but that's not important right now.
I don't usually wax poetic about this world, but there is a scene in the movie which really got me thinking. There's a scene of these cowboys driving sheep, on horseback, with the sheep dogs running around...

I started thinking about the fact that Man is unique in being able to hold mastery over all these other animals. Not to get too frum on everyone, but doesn't it blow your mind that of all the species, we are able to train other animals to do exactly what we want, and use them for so many different purposes. I mean, you can bring up ants and aphids or some other b.s. example of other animals in symbiotic or parasitic relationships, but it's really no contest... Man wins hands down. We are totally off the scale in this ability.

Good Shabbos everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

That is the most different review of that movie I've read so far!

Shabbat Shalom! : )

March 03, 2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

I don't know... what about cats?

March 03, 2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Irina, I don't get it? What do your cats know how to do?

March 04, 2006 8:25 PM  
Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Catch mice!
Open doors!
Find and open her own food!
Read my lips!
Predict the weather!
Hide from the government!
Heck, that's more than most people know how to do!
Plus, unlike most other typese of animals, she's uncontrollable!

March 05, 2006 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home