Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A vision of E-Kvetcher son of Kvetcher

A couple of nights ago I had a very bizarre experience which I cannot explain and has never happened to me before.

I woke up in the middle of the night. For some reason I was gripped by fear - I lay listening in bed for a couple of seconds and didn't hear anything. I am not sure what I was afraid of - irrational things - monsters, vampires, maybe real things - a burglar.

I forced myself to close my eyes and I tried to go back to sleep. At this point, through my closed eyelids I saw a whitish light although the room was dark when I first woke up. It also felt as if the bed, with me on top of it was whipping around the room and the light was changing in brightness as I moved around it. My heart was pounding. I thought I was going crazy or about to die.

The next minute I awoke and it was morning.

I can't explain what this was.

13 Comments:

Blogger B. Spinoza said...

strange.

March 01, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

Have you ever seen the 1967/ 1968 War and Peace movie version? It's incredibly long (8 hours) and I haven't seen all of it...the reason I bring it up is that when Prince Andrei is dying he has a very similar, extremely powerful experience.

March 01, 2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Well, Chana, I haven't seen the movie, but I hope Prince Andrei and I have nothing in common.

March 01, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Wow... who knows... maybe you're about to become a prophet! That certainly sounds like an eerie experience!

March 01, 2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Freaky.

March 01, 2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger dbs said...

a few possible lines...

...this is why I stopped eating shwarma charif before bed.

...and so, tommorow I'll be blogging under the name "e-baptist"...

...so I'm putting my foot down and getting my wife to get rid of the disco ball in the bedroom.

(feel free to delete all this nonesense.)

March 01, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

dbs,

That's funny stuff... Reminds me of the contest the New Yorker has been running for some time where readers supply captions to their cartoons.

March 02, 2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

The think the name prophet kvetch has a nice ring to it :)

the prophets were the biggest kvetchers

March 02, 2006 7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. What's wrong with Prince Andrei?

March 02, 2006 7:38 AM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Chana,

I meant - I hope this doesn't mean that I am about to croak!

b.spin,

The prophets didn't fare well when they kvetched. Bummer.

March 02, 2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger Yitzchak Jakobi said...

I'm hoping that if I consume the right amount of alcohol on Purim, I will have exactly the same experience.

March 02, 2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger B. Spinoza said...

>The prophets didn't fare well when they kvetched. Bummer.

they lived a life of virtue and truth, what more can you ask for in life?

March 02, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger dbs said...

Actually, being gripped by fear isn't all that funny. (though I guess I was in a silly mood when I commented.) I had a similar experiance once, though without the weird teacup ride effect, and it was no fun at all. I can't really trace it to what was going on with me emotionally at the time, so perhaps it's just some strange physialogical blip.

March 02, 2006 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home