Thursday, July 01, 2010

Two weeks ago I quietly celebrated my fortieth birthday. I wanted to not succumb to the old cliches about 'midlife crisis' etc, but it looks like I got hit with it anyway. Well, not really a crisis, but a pervasive contemplation of what I have accomplished thus far in my life. Let's just say it did not fill me with pride or satisfaction.

Hence the writer's block. Lots of ideas are swirling in my head, but they are too helter-skelter. I cannot seem to lift my hands to type right now.

Later, peeps.

6 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

I did not start blogging till I was forty five.

Now I am as a man of seventy.

July 01, 2010 1:26 PM  
Blogger Tobie said...

Would it make you feel better to know that I have periodically been hit with the same sentiments at the tender age of 23? Or is that just more depressing?

July 01, 2010 1:36 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Tobie, there are certain factors that exacerbate it at 40... The whole 'your life is still ahead of you' rings a lot truer at 23 than at 40.

July 01, 2010 2:11 PM  
Blogger free at last said...

It's all good. What's the saying, it ain't nothin but a thing or should i say, a number? This year i turned 50 and just started blogging. I really have no idea what i'm doing but i found your site and would welcome any comments on my site.

July 02, 2010 4:07 AM  
Blogger -suitepotato- said...

Can I say "at least you have your health" or would that require replying with a baseball bat?

I have writer's block and writing is my job. So, gotta maximize the money per word. Hence, why I'm going for the cheap pulp fiction department.

July 04, 2010 10:32 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Hey suitepotato, good to hear from you.

July 05, 2010 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home