Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Georgia on my mind...

Enjoying a small glass of Georgian wine. I am more of a beer man, but I have a weakness for sweet wine. This Georgian wine is pleasantly semi-sweet.

On the back is a statement in Hebrew attesting that this wine was made under the supervision of God fearing Jews, keepers of the Torah and mitzvot and therefore it is fit for all ritual uses.

Then in English it gives what I believe is WAY TOO MUCH information about the origin of the wine:

100% Saperavi varietal, from the Kindzmarauli microzone of the Kvareli area in the Kakheti region, Republic of Georgia.


Really, does anyone care that much? How about giving us the lat/long of the vineyard?

It seems unlikely, but I would love to travel there - a lot to see in Georgia...

2 Comments:

Blogger B. Spinoza said...

cute title

September 02, 2009 6:49 PM  
Blogger Acher said...

Kindzmarauli was Stalin's favorite if I recall correctly, the wine is got a Yichus

September 04, 2009 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home