Monday, August 31, 2009

Meanderings

Kosher Subway opening close to home - it's been talked about for years, but now the sign is up. Will it disappoint? I've been checking out the menus for the LA and Baltimore stores and it looks promising. So, yes - most likely it will disappoint.

In other news - trying to figure out what to do with my career... I seem to be veering more and more towards this entrepreneurial, risky, startup mode. Which is kinda fun, but at the same time, I don't know if instead I should just give up and start back up the corporate career chain - quit dreaming of making millions and just wind up a director in some corporation...

I did learn quite a bit about stuff I would probably never get into in a corporate environment - talking to VCs and CIOs of large corporations, learning how hard it is to get people to invest in your company. It's funny, because you see these guys who have the stupidest, craziest ideas, and somehow they manage to get people to give them hundreds of thousands of dollars... Yet, here you are with something solid, and it's like squeezing blood from a stone...

I was brought up to think that hard work is how you become successful. Now, my experience definitely confirms this. What is not clear though is whether hard work alone is sufficient. Seems like that is not the case. You can work your butt off and not succeed. So what is it that you need in addition - is it luck? Is it being a really good salesman? Tzarich iyun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home