Friday, November 02, 2007

Dear Diary

Yesterday was a decidedly freaky day. Had a meeting with my boss at his cube. He started it off with a few inappropriate jokes which struck me as odd since we don't know each other very well. One of the jokes was truly odd, as pedophilia jokes are wont to be. I felt a weird vibe, but I figured the guy just had a long day and his brain is a little fried.

We get onto his computer, but instead of opening the document we needed to review, for some reason he opened his personal email. He pulled up a set of photos of nude women with elaborate body painting. Probably some Halloween spam from his buddies. Now, I am a pretty open minded guy, but at this point I am more than a bit uncomfortable. I barely know this guy, yet here I am sitting next to him as he proceeds to leer at the pictures, moving his mouse over the naughty bits while kinda grunting to himself, "Oh yeah, she looks pretty good!". I am speechless. People are walking past the cubicle as this is happening. I am beginning to think this guy is either drunk, on drugs, or lost his mind. I tell him that I've had a long day and maybe we should reschedule our meeting. It is about 5:30 pm.

I get on the road, still shaken by this surreal turn of events. I notice the traffic ahead of me is swerving to avoid something lying on the road. As I get closer, I discover that the object in the express lane is in fact a full size stuffed pony. How bizarre.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shoshana said...

For real??? And isn't pedophilia joke kind of an oxy moron?

November 02, 2007 9:26 AM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

Yep. Twilight Zone.

November 02, 2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger Shoshana said...

And I thought my office was weird.

November 02, 2007 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sure it wasn't just a dream?

November 02, 2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger The back of the hill said...

That is just the weirdest post I've ever read on your blog.

And I'm no stranger to weird.

November 02, 2007 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home