Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Blogroll update

Once again, I am remiss in updating my blogroll.

Lately, I have been spending a lot of time at mentalblog.com - though I must say I haven't yet figured out what that blog is all about. It appeals to me at some subliminal level.

There seems to be a lot of content about Chabad internal politics which I don't really know or care about. However, there are also quite a few links to all sorts of stuff that is just too weird for mainstream media. For instance - Chechen sufis dancing, a Soviet piece of peace propaganda, etc...

The blog's proprietor appears to be an ex-Soviet - and though I don't really know him, in many ways reminds me of people that were about 5-10 years older than me when I was growing up. Not the Russian kids that grew up partying their brains out in the North Shore suburbs of Chicago, but the guys that went to the Math/Physics schools back there and remembered the hardships, and read the classics, and thought about the hard questions and lived a lifestyle that is hard to explain to most people around me today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miri said...

I was always taught that G-d listens to all prayers; and that therefore we have to have extra concentration bc the Muslims have an edge on us, since they pray five times a day and we only pray three times a day. but why not? I think G-d hears everyone who calls out to Him in sincere faith and need.

January 13, 2007 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home