Monday, January 03, 2011

"Putin is always right"

Wow, sometimes life makes me do a double take. With the trial of Khodorkovsky in the news, I saw mention of "Churov's Law". I had to look it up, since I'd never heard of it before. Here's what I found out.

Vladimir Churov is a Russian official and politician who became famous when he pronounced to a bunch of journalists - "Putin is always right!"

It took me a few seconds to realize why this slogan sounded so oddly familiar to me. High School English - George Orwell, "Animal Farm" - "Napoleon is always right".

Mr. Orwell - I take my hat off to you.

1 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

Rule number one: The Commanding Officer is always right.

Rule number two: Should, exceptionally, the Commanding Officer be wrong, rule number one goes into effect immediately.

Rule number three: There is no rule number three, everything is a multiple of one or two, to which please refer.

January 04, 2011 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home