Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Nipples, Nazis and Facebook

So, there is an interesting article on TechCrunch about Facebook defending the right of Holocaust deniers to have a group on their site, especially since they had recently banned pictures of women breastfeeding in their nursing groups.
In general, it is depressing to see so many people misunderstand the First Amendment, and in general the distinction between free speech and hate speech. Specifically, the fact that Holocaust denial is not an academic position - it is always linked with anti-semitic and hateful propaganda.

The funniest exchange in the comments:

2 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

I avoid facebook. Now that I know of their discrimination against nipples, I have even more reason to avoid it.

I am, generally speaking, in favour of nipples. And I appreciate their great contribution to human civilization.
I like nipples. Yes.

June 18, 2009 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha lol i came across this totally randomly

December 09, 2009 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home