Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Merit of our Forefathers

Will someone explain to me what this means? I am not being cynical here, I truly don't understand!

We often pray to God to consider the "merit of our forefathers". So, let's grant that our forefathers were really in good graces with God, how does that help us? I don't think it is some kind of genetic consideration. And everyone knows that wonderful people can have terrible kids and terrible people can have wonderful kids, so why would the behavior of people that lived millenia before us have any influence on how God should judge us?

To me it smacks of the nepotistic, cosa nostra like Middle Eastern mentality. You do me a favor because we are family. Yo, Luigi.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miri said...

dude, we are a middle eastern family. that's what Jews are. an Israeli film you might be interested in: The Gospel According to G-d. It's in Hebrew, and anyone familiar with Israeli culture can't help but find it awesome. For people less familiar, it might be a little offensive.

October 27, 2007 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home