Monday, March 26, 2007

Nobody loves this blog but his mama, and she could be jivin' too

So the good news is that hits are up. The bad news is that people seem to get to this blog looking for something other than what they find. I still get a huge number of hits from people looking for 'Young Goodman Brown', 'frum sex', Oedipus, etc... I guess I may be weird in than most of my posts have some type of quirky thing going on that may not be apparent immediately, that may require going one step further to google something or follow a link.

I don't think most of the people get that. So I posted about Le Marais because I thought it was funny that the guy misspelled 'Beetles' in his invective. Instead I got comments about the kashrut fight. I could care less about some upscale steakhouse in NY.

So, here we go. I'll make it explicit.

This post is two cats making out on the couch to the famous controversial duet by Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birken - "Je t'aime, moi non plus"

This post is the last line of "Portnoy's Complaint", one of the best books ever written.

Anything else? Just ask!

3 Comments:

Blogger Baal Habos said...

The most people who erroneously stumble onto my blog come there looking for something about Moshe Finkel. I can just see it, someone looking for some info about Kashrus, stumbles onto a Skeptic blog. Ha.

Anyhow, so who is that picture? Bill Clinton?

March 27, 2007 3:04 PM  
Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

The cat video was adorable. By the way, why was the duet controversial?

March 27, 2007 5:32 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

From Wikipedia:

The song was known much for its racy undertones and the simple repetition of the title phrase (which translates as "I love you... I don't either") detailed by Birkin's breathy moans. The lyrics of the song, sung in very sultry tones, with Gainsbourg and Birkin/Bardot alternating, are considered by some to be somewhat explicit. Phrases from the song include:

* "Je vais et je viens, entre tes reins" ("I come and I go, in between your hips" - literally: "Entre tes reins"; reins means kidneys or lower back in French)
* "Tu es la vague, moi l'île nue" ("You are the wave, I am the naked island")
* "L'amour physique est sans issue" ("Physical love is without end")

At times, the moans of Birkin/Bardot are the focus of the song and sound like an orgasm (which some claim to be the result of Serge and Jane/Brigitte actually engaging in sex during the recording of the song).

March 27, 2007 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home