UPDATE 5/19/06 6:14 pm CST: Reports now coming in that this story may not be true.
A friend of mine asked me to post this:In 1941, Nazi Germany required Jews to wear yellow stars, purple badges for certain non-mainstream religions, pink for homosexuals and much more. We all know what happened next.
Enter modern day Iran. In accordance with recently passed legislation, and awaiting almost certain approval from Iran's "Supreme Guide" they will be required to don yellow armbands. Christians will wear red, Zoroastrians another color. The most complete story I saw was here. The story hasn't cracked the top stories on Google News, and probably won't. To become What can you do? Raise hell - here's how:
1) Tell everyone you know - email everyone, make sure it's the number one water cooler topic (sorry to bump you off the top Elliot Yamin, but there you go).
2) Email or call your representatives in Congress to apply whatever pressure they can on Iran, the UN, and any other mover and shaker they can grab by the collar. Email or call the President - yes, you can do this (whether your a fan or not). Find out who and how here.
3) Internet news is bigger than ever - go do a search for "Iran Jews Yellow" (don't include the quotes) on Yahoo's News site, Google's, MSN's and click on the links to the stories. Why? A lot of how they rank news importance is by popularity. We might just be able to push the story up.
4) If you don't see this story on the front page of your newspaper tomorrow morning, call and tell them just how you feel about that, and write in a letter to the editor to boot.
5) If you don't see this story on the news today on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX News or whatever channel you watch see item #4.
6) If you have a favorite talk-radio program, call or email it in - these people have enormous reach. They should be screaming bloody murder by Monday.
We need to get people talking about this now, or we'll soon be talking about who was more efficient, Hitler or Ahmadinejad?