Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Deja vu all over again - not!

I was about to post another example of a weird coincidence, but as I started thinking about it, I realized it was no weird coincidence at all. I wonder how many of these "weird coincidences" in my life could actually be explained away without supernatural attribution?

Anyway, yesterday I somehow clicked my way to a Wikipedia article on the Profumo affair. I'd forgotten about all the sordid details of that little imbroglio, and so I read the article with some interest.

So when this morning in my bathroomlibrary I picked up last month's Atlantic Monthly, and saw an article on Profumo, I was stunned by this serendipitous stumbling on two articles on Jack Profumo in the span of 24 hours.
However, as I thought about this more, I realized that the article in the Atlantic was an obituary type of article, and so in retrospect, I am guessing the Wikipedia article floated up to their front page due to Jack Profumo's recent death.

The girl in the chair is the infamous Christine Keeler, who caused Jack Profumo's downfall, posing for Lewis Morley on an (imitation) Arne Jacobsen chair.

Here's the same chair hiding the charms of another sexy model.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home