Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What does The Matrix, Bob Marley, and Christianity have in common?

Zion, Judah, Messiah - these are symbols that are meaningful to Jews, they are ideas and beliefs that have been a fundamental part of our culture for two thousand years. But they are constantly superceded by others, and I am getting tired of it.

The Matrix - Neo is clearly a Messianic figure, the last city of the humans is Zion!!!

I love reggae music. But when I listen to the lyrics, I sometimes can't get past the fact that the Rastafarians believe that they are the true Israelites, that their last king Haile Selassie is the Messiah descended from the tribe of Judah. How about that? Why don't you guys come up with your own legends instead of stealing someone else's beliefs?

Of course the Christians have been doing this for 2 millenia, but at least that's old news. But the Mormons tick me off particularly. You see, they consider themselves the true Israelites and so anyone who is not a Mormon is a - that's right, a GENTILE!

Once again, people, cut it out. Stop stealing our ideas and then perverting them and then persecuting us. Don't make me send a stop and desist order 'cause you don't want to mess with a Jewish lawyer.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case!

1 Comments:

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

LOL! That's the spirit!

By the way, love the pic!

February 14, 2006 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home