Thursday, January 19, 2006

Maris Ayin

In the great metropolis that is Chicago we have a restaurant named Ken's Diner. Ken's diner serves kosher burgers and fries type comfort food.

About a year ago, they decided to put soy cheese on their burger. However, if you order a cheeseburger, they will politely ask you "Do you mean a burger with pareve cheese?". No, I want a freakin double quarterpounder with cheese and a BigMac for the kinderlach!!!

What's the deal with that? I mean they have a BLT sandwich on the menu (That's beefry, lettuce, and tomato).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing I never understood about Ken's Diner-

Why does he also have Great Chicago? Whenever I've stopped by there (Great Chicago) it has been unpopulated and unhappy. Now if he branched off and started a Ken's there...with the same layout and coca cola posters...then maybe that'd work.

And I'm a Bugsy's person, myself. :)

January 26, 2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

I thought Great Chicago was owned by an Israeli guy, Avi somebody? Do you know for sure that Ken's is owned by the same people?

I was in Bugsy's last night. If you run into me there, say hello. You'll recognize me by my turban :) I go there once in a while, but it doesn't do much for me. As far as I'm concerned there are only two restaurants worth patronizing in Chicago - T'aboun and Shallots (if you can afford it).

January 26, 2006 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home