Monday, January 23, 2006

Donuts and Sin Offerings

It is with deep sadness that I must inform you that the Dunkin Donuts in Skokie is no longer kosher effective immediately. It appears that they surreptitiously imported donuts from other un-supervised locations into the store.

Which then raises the question - what happens to all the people that may have been bringing non-kosher donuts into their home, heating them up in their microwaves, putting the dishes in their dishwashers afterwards. Do they need to re-kasher their kitchens or do they just let it slide?

4 Comments:

Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

I think it depends on how observant you are. I think, strictly speaking, people who are very observant will probably find it necessary to re-kasher it.

January 24, 2006 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know! I was so upset- Dempster, you evil street...grrr... :) Come on, CRC, you must find someone to make it kosher again...

January 26, 2006 6:42 AM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

This is great. We need a blog where Chicago folks look like insiders when we talk about local stuff. Half the blogs I read, the commentators are all from New York, and I have no clue what they're talking about when they start mentioning their shuls and restaurants and happenings!

January 26, 2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger Tobie said...

Chicago power! Anyway, I think that the most tragic irony of the whole situation is the joy that the entire neighborhood felt when it finally went kosher to begin with; I mean, it was really little short of utopian...a kosher Dunkin Donuts...right in Skokie...we should have known that it was too good to be true.

January 26, 2006 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home