Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shit

Every morning on my way to work I carefully navigate through piles of shit on the sidewalk.

Are we living in a third world country? I am walking through the heart of the financial district in downtown Chicago, and there is excrement piled all over the sidewalk. Often, it is not even contained in piles, but smeared all over the asphalt by unfortunate pedestrians who came before me, not as vigilant as they should have been.

I am not even sure if it came from an animal or a human. I'd hate to meet the dog that could produce such a pile of crap - it must be a truly Baskervillian beast.

3 Comments:

Blogger The back of the hill said...

You're living in Paris!

Here in SF, most dog-owners follow their pets with little plastic bags. Consequently, very little stray shit.
On the other hand, there's a crazed druggie who bends over and poos at the bus in the morning. I've had the privilege of seeing his arse several times now.
Scarred for life is what I am.

March 10, 2011 1:08 PM  
Blogger Shoshana said...

Could it be from horses (mounted police or something, happens in NY)?

March 15, 2011 2:09 PM  
Blogger e-kvetcher said...

No mounted police in Chicago. I think it must be bums and dogs.

How about a blog update, Shoshana?

March 15, 2011 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home