Monday, August 02, 2010

A Serious Man

Finally watched this movie and frankly, not quite sure how I feel about it.

As is often the case, I am never quite sure of whether the things I notice are there on purpose or it is done by mistake. But with this movie, the whole premise is that we can't quite ever be sure of anything for certain, which just complicates the puzzle.

One thing which is striking - who is this movie made for? I mean, I know that because of Seinfeld etc, gentiles are very familiar with Jewish culture, but this is overboard - I mean, I have Reform relatives that would have no clue of half the Jewish stuff which goes on in this movie...

Any readers out there who've seen it and wish to comment?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shoshana said...

My husband and I saw it and were not very into it. However, I have a Jewish but not frum co-worker who loved it. I thought it was very generational though - my co-worker was definitely in the age bracket that the movie was made for.

August 03, 2010 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home